Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies


I think peanut butter is one of those things that both adults and children enjoy. I love peanut butter but only during my pregnancy when I developed gestational diabetes did I find out that it had so much protein in it. I was adviced to include it in my meals as much as I could. Its a healthy snack for kids as well.
This weekend I made a batch of PB cookies for a family we were visiting. The cookies were a super dooper hit! Almost all the cookies were gone before we left. The cookies are crunchy with a mild peanut flavor....yummy!

















Ingredients
White sugar 1/2 cup
Brown sugar 1/2 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Peanut Butter 1/2 cup
Maida 1 1/4 cup
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1/4 tsp
Egg 1
Salt 1/4 tsp

Meathod
Preheat oven to 375 F. Seive maida with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Cream the butter with the sugars. Add peanut butter and egg and mix well until incorporated. Add the maida little by little and mix well with a spatula or a wodden spoon. Do not overbeat the mixture. Make small balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls with a fork. Bake for 15 mins at 375 F.
Makes about 24 to 25 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment